It's time to get in the game!
- Compete and represent UNT Dallas on the local and national level
- All varsity level Esports athletes will receive $500 in additional scholarship funds
- Learn and hone skills that gaming can provide for future employment (teamwork, collaboration, problem-solving, multitasking, etc…)
- Esports also provides experiential learning opportunities for those interested in streaming, video and audio production, podcasting, shoutcasting, Journalism, PR/Marketing, event management, statistics, finance, and many others
What do we play?
More titles to come as we expand. Let us know what you'd like to see.
Who can join Esports?
All full time UNT Dallas and College of Law students in good academic standing with the University
What is expected of varsity players?
- As with any competitive sports, Esports athletes will have required practice times during the week
- Dedicated study hall time
- Esports athletes must maintain a 2.00 GPA
- Esports athletes must maintain a total of 24 credit hours during the academic year
Tryouts: Early Fall 2020
Roster size will vary by title; Overwatch is projected at 8 and Fortnite at 6
Practice: Mid-Fall 2020 (1-2hrs per day, 4-5 days per week)
Compete: Late Fall 2020 - Spring 2020
- We will be competing with other collegiate varsity level programs across the country
Kevin Rocha, 972-338-1445